An electric RV awning is a great way to provide shade and protection from the elements while enjoying the outdoors. However, like all mechanical devices, it requires periodic maintenance and adjustment to keep it operating properly. In this article, we will show you how to adjust an electric RV awning.
There are many benefits to having an electric RV awning, including:
- They provide shade and protection from the sun and elements.
- They can be used to create additional outdoor living space.
- They are easy to operate with the push of a button.
- They require little maintenance and are relatively easy to adjust.
How To Adjust an Electric RV Awning?
Accessories that can make using your electric RV awning easier
There are a few accessories that can make using your electric RV awning easier, including:
- Awning lights: These attach to the awning and provide light in the evening.
- Awning skirt: This attaches to the bottom of the awning and helps keep debris and animals from getting underneath.
- Awning cover: This helps protect the awning fabric from UV damage when not in use.
How to manually extend an electric awning?
In some cases, you may need to manually extend your electric awning. This can be done by disconnecting the awning motor from the power source and then extending the awning by hand.
How to clean an electric RV awning?
To clean your electric RV awning, you will need to:
- Disconnect the awning from the power source.
- Use a mild soap and water solution to clean the awning fabric.
- Rinse the fabric with clean water.
- Allow the fabric to air dry completely before reconnecting the awning to the power source.
FAQs about electric RV awnings
Can I leave my electric RV awning open in the rain?
No, you should not leave your electric RV awning open in the rain. If possible, retract the awning before it rains or cover the awning with a tarp to protect it from the elements.
Can I use my electric RV awning in windy conditions?
No, you should not use your electric RV awning in windy conditions. High winds can damage the awning or cause it to fail. If possible, retract the awning before it becomes windy or cover the awning with a tarp to protect it from the elements.
How often should I inspect my electric RV awning?
You should inspect your electric RV awning at least once per year. Look for any rips, tears, or fraying that could cause the fabric to fail. Also, check the condition of the awning arms and adjust the tension as needed.
Ever since I was a kid, I've been fascinated by travel. I inherited this passion from my parents. Since my college years and to this day, I have had a passion for traveling in a motorhome. I am here to share my experiences with you.