An RV slide out is a motorized extension of your living area inside an RV. This feature allows you to expand the amount of livable space as much as two times more than without it, allowing for larger furniture, appliances and other amenities that can’t fit in a standard camper. Slide outs allow you to make maximum use of the interior space available and give you more comfort when using your RV for extended trips or vacations.
Slide outs are perfect for those who take long trips, have large families, or simply need more space to make their camping experience comfortable and enjoyable. With a slide out extension, RVers can create an additional living area which can include amenities such as extra kitchen appliances, a larger bed, or a bigger home entertainment system. Investing in an RV slide out is one of the best ways to make sure that your next camping trip will be enjoyable and memorable.
RV slide-out is tilting?
To help shed water from a trailer, the slides should have an outward tilt. This subtle upward slope ensures any puddles of rainwater can be cleared away quickly and easily – granting peace of mind to all users! Manufacturers agree that this slight angle is perfectly normal for these structures. As long as the angle is slight, and not excessive, it should pose no problem to you.
It’s important to remember that while this tilt isn’t ideal for your RV’s structure, it shouldn’t cause any harm or negative effects. While a small amount of tilting may be normal in some cases, if you notice an excessive tilt you should contact a service provider immediately. Excessive tilting can lead to structural problems down the line and will require immediate attention to ensure safe use of your RV slide out.
Tips for using your RV slide out correctly and safely
- Always, always, always make sure to check for obstructions before extending or retracting your slide out.
- Clean and inspect the seals regularly to avoid any water incursion inside your RV
- Make sure the awning is clear of obstructions before deploying it
- When parking your RV, ensure the slide out has been retracted fully and securely
- If you’re traveling with pets, make sure they are kept away from the slide out mechanism
- Exercise caution when using electric devices around the slide-out motor
- Never use force or power tools near your RV’s slide-out motors or mechanisms
- Ensure all children in your party are aware of the slide out and understand how to stay safe around it
- Regularly inspect the mechanism for any signs of wear or damage
- Always ensure your RV slide out is completely locked in place before driving off with your camper attached.
Following these simple tips will help you make sure that your RV’s slide out remains in good working order and that you can enjoy a comfortable, spacious experience when using it. With proper care, maintenance and common sense, you’ll be able to get the most out of your RV slide-out for years to come!
Ever since I was a kid, I've been fascinated by travel. I inherited this passion from my parents. Since my college years and to this day, I have had a passion for traveling in a motorhome. I am here to share my experiences with you.