Into your RV, you bring many things to make your home away from home just perfect. One of the items on your list is likely a towel rack. You want to be able to hang wet towels up to dry, and you don’t want to have to search for a place to put them. With a towel rack, you can keep your bathroom organized and tidy. While most RVs come with some type of towel rack installed, it may not be in the best location or suit your needs. Here are some tips on how to install a towel rack in your RV.
- Decide on the placement of the towel rack. There are many places where a towel rack can go in an RV bathroom. The most common locations are behind the bathroom door or on an empty wall. If you have a lot of space, you may want to consider putting the towel rack on the outside of the shower for easy access.
- Choose the type of towel rack. There are many different types and styles of towel racks available. The most common is a wall-mounted rack, but there are also freestanding racks and over-the-door racks. Consider what will work best in your RV bathroom before making a purchase.
- Install the towel rack according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This is usually a simple process that involves drilling holes and attaching screws. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your RV.
How to measure for towel rack placement
- Use a tape measure to determine the width of your RV bathroom door. This will be the widest point where you can place the towel rack.
- Measure the height of the space where you want to install the towel rack. Most racks are meant to be installed at eye level, so keep this in mind when choosing a location.
- Once you have chosen a spot for the towel rack, use a level to make sure it is even before installing it. This will help ensure that your towels hang evenly and look straight.
How to install the towel rack
- Begin by holding the towel rack in the desired location. Use a pencil to mark the location of the holes that need to be drilled.
- Carefully drill pilot holes into the marked locations. Be sure to use a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the screws that will be used to install the rack. This will ensure that the screws go in easily and do not strip the hole.
- Install the towel rack using the screws and washers provided. Be sure to tighten them securely so that the rack does not become loose over time.
- Hang your towels on the new towel rack and enjoy your organized RV bathroom!
Tips for keeping your towel rack organized and functional
- Use hooks or S-hooks to hang smaller items like washcloths from the towel rack. This will free up space for larger towels.
- Hang only one towel per-hook to prevent towels from becoming tangled.
- Store extra towels in a basket or hamper nearby so that they are within easy reach.
How to choose the right towel rack for your RV bathroom?
When choosing a towel rack for your RV bathroom, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, think about where you want to install the towel rack and how much space you have available. There are wall-mounted racks, freestanding racks, and over-the-door racks available, so there is sure to be a style that will work for your space. Another thing to consider is how many towels you want to be able to hang up at one time. If you have a large family or often have guests, you will want to choose a towel rack with multiple hooks or bars.