The Roadtrek 190 is an iconic camper van manufactured by the Canadian manufacturer, Roadtrek Motorhomes. It is still a popular choice among RVers today. However, due to its age, there are some common problems that are often encountered when using or maintaining the vehicle.
In this article, we will discuss some of the most common issues that can arise with the Roadtrek 190 and offer solutions for how you can fix them. We will also provide some tips on how you can prevent these problems from occurring in the future. Let’s get started!
Common Problems With The Roadtrek 190
- Electrical System Issues: Over time, electrical issues can arise due to aging wiring and electrical components. This can lead to problems such as short circuits, blown fuses, or even power failures. To prevent this from happening in the future, it’s important to regularly inspect your electrical system and replace any parts that are beginning to wear out.
- Leaky Roof: Due to its age, the Roadtrek 190’s roof is prone to leaking if not properly maintained. You should regularly inspect the roof for any signs of damage or leaks. If you find any areas that need repair, you should patch them up with a sealant or caulking immediately so they don’t worsen over time.
- Poor Fuel Economy: Another common issue with the Roadtrek 190 is poor fuel economy. This can be caused by a variety of factors including a clogged air filter, old spark plugs, or low-quality gasoline. To improve your fuel economy, it’s important to make sure your engine is running properly and replace any parts that need to be replaced.
- Low Tire Pressure: Poor tire pressure can lead to reduced performance and increased wear on the tires. You should regularly check the tire pressure of your vehicle and make sure they are inflated to the recommended levels. Additionally, you should always inspect the tires for signs of damage before driving long distances.
How to fix the Superglide hitch Roadtrek 190 Problems
The Superglide hitch is a popular option for the Roadtrek 190. However, it can become stuck due to dirt and debris buildup over time. To fix this issue, you need to clean out the area where the hitch connects to the camper body and lubricate the moving parts with WD-40 or a similar product. Additionally, you should check that all bolts are properly tightened before trying to use the hitch again.
Tips For Maintaining Your Roadtrek 190
- Regularly Inspect Your Camper: It’s important to regularly inspect your camper for any signs of wear or damage. This will help you catch any issues before they become major problems and save you money in the long run.
- Change Your Oil Regularly: Changing your oil regularly is one of the best ways to maintain your engine and keep it running smoothly. You should change the oil every 3,000-5,000 miles depending on how often you drive.
- Use High-Quality Parts & Fluids: Using high-quality parts and fluids will help ensure that your vehicle runs as efficiently as possible. This includes using high-quality gasoline, motor oil, transmission fluid, coolant, etc.
- Avoid Driving In Bad Weather: It’s important to avoid driving in bad weather if possible. This can lead to an increased risk of accidents, poor performance, and increased wear on the vehicle.
How to find Roadtrek 190 parts and accessories
If you are looking for parts and accessories to maintain or repair your Roadtrek 190, there are a few options available. You can check online stores like Amazon or eBay for the parts you need. Additionally, you can visit your local RV dealership or auto parts store to find the right parts. Be sure to bring the model and year of your vehicle with you when shopping so you get the right part!
The Roadtrek 190 is a great camper that has stood the test of time. However, it’s important to regularly inspect and maintain your vehicle in order to keep it running properly. Hopefully this article has given you some insight into common problems with the Roadtrek 190 as well as tips on how to find parts and maintain your vehicle. With proper care, you can enjoy many years of use from your Roadtrek 190!
Philippe strives to give you the best overview of automotive equipment, tools, parts, and solutions to a variety of complex automotive problems, based on his own experience. You can read his car reviews on TopSpeed.